[SciPy-User] Naming Ideas

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Fri Sep 7 18:53:38 CDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Adrien <adnothing@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 on py4sci (from the peanut gallery)

I think all of pylab, py4sci, py4science are OK and better than the
alternatives.  A little corporate and boring, but, oh well.  Now:

> It has a really nice ring to it (in English) and pi4sci.{org,com} are
> not taken. A quick google search also suggests that there are no obvious
> collisions.
>
> Otherwise, we could also call it "The-Spanish-Inquisition". Guess nobody
> expected that ;-)

Spanish Inquisition is a fine name.  Funny, enjoyable, in a fine
tradition (Unladen Swallow comes to mind).  I have a feeling that
there might be an urge to play it safe though,

Thanks for the suggestion, it cheered me up,

Matthew