[SciPy-User] Modify package dependencies, or issue a runtime warning, if a fast BLAS implementation not found?

Daπid davidmenhur@gmail....
Thu Sep 13 07:14:37 CDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is out of our hands, and mostly an issue with distributions.
> Distributions often have different priorities than people looking for
> best performances, so there is always a tradeoff between
> distribution/platform support/performance.

Another option, as suggested recently elsewhere, would be to write a
nice installation tutorial with both  the "quick and dirty" way
(plainly install the distributed version) and the optimized way
(linking to Blas, Blas goto and ATLAS). As far as  I know, there are
no good simple explanations on how to build numpy with these links.