[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Sep 18 19:15:56 CDT 2012

On 19 September 2012 01:03, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:
> The next version of Anaconda CE is going to contain a C-compiler for
> Windows, for example.

Thanks for this info. Do you have a list of all the packages in
Anaconda CE, for comparison with the lists for EPD [1] and Python(x,y)
[2]?

[1] http://www.enthought.com/products/epdlibraries.php
[2] http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/wiki/StandardPlugins

> The best thing to do is just encourage people to install XCode, I think.

So would the standard specifically treat Windows differently with
respect to bundling a C compiler, or would the wording somehow
differentiate platforms that don't provide a C compiler, but you've
probably already installed one?

Best wishes,
Thomas