[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Tue Sep 18 19:24:32 CDT 2012

On Sep 18, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:

> On 19 September 2012 01:03, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:
>> The next version of Anaconda CE is going to contain a C-compiler for
>> Windows, for example.
>
> Thanks for this info. Do you have a list of all the packages in
> Anaconda CE, for comparison with the lists for EPD [1] and Python(x,y)
> [2]?
>
> [1] http://www.enthought.com/products/epdlibraries.php
> [2] http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/wiki/StandardPlugins

https://store.continuum.io/cshop/anaconda

At the bottom of the page there is a link to this pop-up window.

anaconda launcher
bitarray 0.8.0
bitey
cython 0.16
dateutil 1.5
disco 0.4.2 (Linux only)
erlang (Linux only)
flask 0.9
gevent 0.13.7
gevent-websocket 0.3.6
gevent_zeromq 0.2.5
greenlet0.4.0
h5py 2.0.1
hdf5 1.8.9
PIL 1.1.7
ipython 0.13
jinja2 2.6
libevert 2.0.20 llvm 3.1
llvmpy 0.8.2.dev
matplotlib 1.1.1
mpi4py 1.3
mpich2 1.4.1p1
networkx 1.7
nose 1.1.2
numba 0.1.dev
numexpr 2.0.1
numpy 1.7.rc1
opencv 2.4.2
openssl 1.0.1c
pandas 0.8.1
pip 1.1
pixman 0.26.2
py2cairo 1.10.0
pycurl 7.19.0
pygments 1.5
pysal 1.4.0
pysam 0.6
pytables 2.4.0
python 2.7.3
pytz 2012d
pyyaml 3.10
pyzmq 2.2.0
redis 2.4.15 (Linux only)
redis py-2.4.13
requests 0.13.5
scikit-learn 0.11
scikits-image 0.6.1
scipy 0.11.0rc2
sqlalchemy 0.7.8
sqlite 3.7.13
statsmodels 0.4.3
sympy 0.7.1
theano 0.5.0
tornado 2.3
werkzeug 0.8.3
But, this is not complete because the Windows version does include spyder and pyside.

>> The best thing to do is just encourage people to install XCode, I think.
>
> So would the standard specifically treat Windows differently with
> respect to bundling a C compiler, or would the wording somehow
> differentiate platforms that don't provide a C compiler, but you've
> probably already installed one?

I think the full standard would assume Cython, but then implementations would get to pick how they supported Cython (i.e. requiring Xcode install on Mac, vs bundling with Windows).

-Travis