[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Sep 21 19:56:25 CDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Almar Klein <a.klein@science-applied.nl> wrote:
> I suspect you missed my post because you were writing yours, but I'll just
> say it again: not including a notebook tool in pylab is not equivalent to
> sticking with the shell+editor or IDE approach; it is merely leaving that
> choice open for the user.

Well, it is sticking to that approach *in pylab* :)  Obviously users
are, have always been, and will always be, free to add any tools they
want to their personal workflow (in the rare occasions I use matlab I
do so from Emacs with its great matlab mode, not using the Mathworks
IDE which is horrific in linux, like all desktop Java apps in linux).

But no worries, I've ranted enough and won't push further, as I've
made my arguments as clearly (or madly) as I can.  If people don't
want to do that, it's fine.  We'll continue building those tools from
our side regardless.  I just wanted to leave the imprint of a lunatic
in the discussion, and I think I've succeeded at that ;)

Cheers,