[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Andrew Collette andrew.collette@gmail....
Fri Sep 21 20:02:30 CDT 2012

>>> On 21 September 2012 18:15, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:

> h5py seems to be close to PyTables in popularity and growing faster, perhaps
> include both?

As a regular scipy user I have been following this discussion with
interest (Disclaimer: I'm also the lead developer of h5py).  I think
the PyLab concept is great!  I just wanted to confirm that h5py is BSD
licensed and supports Python 3, in case that's a consideration for
inclusion.  I was pleased to see that both PyTables and h5py did well
in Pierre Raybaut's Doodle poll.  This is great news for open binary
formats.

I'm also certainly willing to do any integration work, provide
metadata, etc. for this package if that's necessary on the PyLab side.

Andrew Collette