[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Sep 23 16:36:01 CDT 2012

On 23 September 2012 21:53, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
> So keeping the notebook out of the
> spec for now will motivate you guys to go get that code fixed :-).

We discussed it recently with Carlos Cordoba (a Spyder dev), but I'm
not sure what the issue is, nor whether IPython, Spyder or both need
to fix things. I've just opened an (IPython) issue to work this out:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/2425

As Josef says, the aim of having this discussion on scipy-user was to
reach a broad audience. I think we need some to bootstrap this some
more before it's worth making a new mailing list for it. It looks like
no Spyder/Python(x,y) representatives are reading this, so I'll post a
message on their discussion group to let them know about it.

Almar: thanks for the mention of imageio. By the sounds of it, that
makes two votes (yours and Ralf's) in favour of FreeImage over PIL?

Thanks,
Thomas