[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Sep 23 18:27:01 CDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Jason Grout
<jason-sage@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> In Sage, we also have the %attach magic, which effectively re-runs a
> file every time it changes.  This is a bit different than autoreload;
> maybe it would make a good addition to IPython to complement %run?

How does it detect changes?  Does it poll in the background or does it
use posix-only tools?  Remember, ipython runs on windows natively :)

But if the solution is cross-platform, then it sounds like a great
addition indeed.  Ideally it would have support for some of the %run
options that make sense (such as -t to report timing or -n to not set
__name__ to '__main__').

Cheers,