[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 25 17:01:33 CDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:
> I guess LaunchPad has some nice integrations with PPA concepts.    I withdraw my recommendation about Github for this purpose.   But, there is a pylab github account that can be used.

Yes a PPA is strictly so that debian/ubuntu/debian-derivative users
can add it as a source for automatically-updated packages.

Though I'd like to add that our wonderful friends at neurodebian
already fill much of this role, I'm not really sure we need a new PPA.
 They pretty much package everything we're talking about here, do it
on time, and I'd rather encourage reuse and support of their
extraordinary efforts than build a new one next to theirs.  If upon
closer inspection we find good reasons *not* to use neurodebian, so be
it; but let's not *start* by effectively redoing a small piece of what
Yarik and Michael have already built up with so much work.

Cheers,