[SciPy-User] Speeding things up - how to use more than one computer core

Sun Apr 7 12:25:21 CDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 01:11:09PM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> > Regarding the difference between processes and threads:
> > On the other hand, sharing data between threads is much cheaper than
> > between processes.

> I have to take issue with this statement.  Sharing data could suffer no
> overhead at all, if you use shared memory for example.

How do you use shared memory between processes?

There are solutions, but hardly any are easy to use. I'd even say that
most are very challenging, and the easiest option is to rely on memapped
arrays, but even that is a bit technical, and will clearly introduce
overhead.

Gaël