[SciPy-User] FW: curve fitting by a sum of gaussian with scipy

Daniele Nicolodi daniele@grinta....
Thu Apr 18 07:37:33 CDT 2013

On 18/04/2013 14:24, Stéphanie haaaaaaaa wrote:
> When i plot the data, i have 3 pics : 1 at around 3/4 another one around
> 20 and a last one around -50. (see attached file, upper graph)

I assume you mean peaks and not pics.

> I try cubic spline interpolation, but it does'nt work very well for my
> data (see attached file 2, red curve).

I think it does not work very well because you removed data points where
the protein count is zero from your dataset.  The first thing I would
try is to complete the dataset with this information before trying the
spline interpolation.  Stated differently: the interpolation works, but
it has to "guess" a lot about your data in the region where you do not
provide data points, and this guess turns out to be wrong.

Cheers,
Daniele