[SciPy-User] Ubuntu 12.04 Scipy and Numpy Versions Outdated

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Feb 27 10:04:09 CST 2013

On 26 February 2013 15:01, Andreas Hilboll <andreas@hilboll.de> wrote:

> I created a PPA for this purpose. See my mail at
> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2013-February/034165.html. So
> far, I only put scipy 0.11 up there. Any help in packaging is welcome ;)

If you're lucky, a package can be backported with a single command:

backportpackage -u ppa:pylab/stable -s raring -d precise python-numpy

(the options being u for upload, s for source and d for destination).

Of course, there might be more to do than that - e.g. in this case, I think
you'll need to backport python-tz first, because it has a build dependency
on python3-tz, which isn't in precise.

Thomas