[SciPy-User] cubic spline interpolation - derivative value in an end point

Paweł Kwaśniewski pawel.kw@gmail....
Thu Jan 10 08:41:25 CST 2013

Hi,

Refreshing this old topic - I'm encountering another problem here. The hack
provided for smoothed spline fitting works well if I want to fix the
derivative just at one end of the data set. But what if I need to do it at
both ends? I was trying to rewrite this method, but it just doesn't work.
What I tried to do, is to add a second step of spline fitting - first, I
extend my data by 1 point at the beginning and fit the y value to get the
spline with the desired derivative, then I tried to use this new data set
and extend it again - this time at the end, repeating the procedure to get
the derivative fixed at the end. For some reason the second step ruins the
derivative clamping done in the first step. Any ideas why this might happen?

Cheers,

Paweł