[SciPy-User] scipy can't find a LAPACK routine

Alexander Eberspächer alex.eberspaecher@gmail....
Wed Jan 23 05:58:56 CST 2013

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:39:23 -0700
"Cable, Sam B Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RVBXI" <Sam.Cable@kirtland.af.mil>
wrote:

[LAPACK Symbols]
> BTW, I am running python 2.7 on CentOS 5.x and my FORTRAN compiler is
> gfortran.

AFAIR, CentOS typically installing the ATLAS libraries
to /usr/lib64/atlas/ instead of /usr/lib/ or /usr/lib64/. This path ist
most likely not in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. Thus, on
import, there are missing symbols.

Please check that and try fiddling around with that.

As a small rant: the same is the case with Scientific Linux (IIRC, you
run into the same problems when you install an MPI implementation).
This is certainly not user-friendly. I never had similar problems on
Debian-based systems.

Hope that helps

Alex

PS: As far as I understand, there is no point in using a pre-compiled
ATLAS...