[SciPy-User] scipy 0.11.0 to 0.12.0 changes scipy.interpolate.interp1d, breaks constantly updated interpolator

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat Jul 20 10:04:17 CDT 2013

05.07.2013 23:46, Benjamin Evans kirjoitti:
[clip]
> Is it safe and/or sane to just update _y as outlined above as well?  Is
> there a simpler, more pythonic way to address this that would hopefully
> be more robust to future updates in scipy?  Again, in v 0.11 everything
> works well and expected results are produced, and in v 0.12 I get an
> IndexError when _y is referenced
> <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/scipy/interpolate/interpolate.py#L409>
> as it isn't updated in my function while y itself is.

The short answer is that interp1d does not currently support what you
are trying to do. Since it supports also spline interpolants, it is in
general not possible to update the interpolant online.

--
Pauli Virtanen