[SciPy-User] Spline Interpolation with non continuous data

Joon Ro joonhyoung.ro@gmail....
Tue Jun 25 16:10:12 CDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Franz Engel
<franz_lambert_engel@yahoo.de>wrote:

> I try to interpolated a spline throw a dataset (the record of a robot
> motion path). Usually it works really good, always when the robot drives
> without stops. But if the robot stops he moves a little bit backwards. If
> this happens I can’t use my “normal” method with the
> interpolate.UnivariateSpline-function(
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.interpolate.UnivariateSpline.html),
> because the robot motion is not longer continuously.

Hi,

I am not familiar how your function looks like, but it sounds like you
should look for shape-preserving interpolation like monotone cubic Hermite
interpolation.

Best,
Joon