[SciPy-User] Filtering history in ipython

Thomas Haslwanter thomas.haslwanter@gmail....
Tue Jun 18 10:53:58 CDT 2013

Since I could not find an "ipython" group, I thought I dare to ask the
following question here:

I am trying to find out how to filter out ipython commands from previous
sessions.

*What works:*

If I want to see all the commands from the current session that contain the
word “plot”, I type

In [xx]: %hist –g plot

If I want to see all the commands from the last session, I type
In [xx]: %hist ~1/1-~1/1000

*What does NOT work:*

What do I have to type to find all the commands from the last session that
contain the word “plot”?

In [xx]: %hist –g plot ~1/1-~1/1000

Should work – but it does not! Any help would be appreciated.

thomas