[SciPy-User] SciPy ecosystem and Python 3

Paul Hobson pmhobson@gmail....
Sun Jun 30 09:08:27 CDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io>wrote:

> Anaconda makes it easy to create an environment with Python 3 packages.
> Many are already available.
>
> Try
>
> conda create -n py33 python=3.3 numpy
>
> look at anaconda packages to see all the available free binaries for
> python 3.3

At the risk of high jacking the thread, I'll ask you, Travis:
I just created oa Python 3.3 environment on my Windows work machine. Worked
wonderfully and it's a testament to how hard y'all are working over at
Continuum. Thanks for all of that. I point all our new staff to your Python
2.7 distro. However, the 3.3 environment is not in the registry, so if
there's a package (particularly pyodbc in this case) that I *need* for
work, I can't install it from the Golhke collection.

Any plan to be able to register different python environments in Windows?

Thanks,
-paul