[SciPy-User] ANN: Pyzo distro 2013b

Almar Klein a.klein@science-applied...
Sat Mar 16 17:31:15 CDT 2013

Dear all,

We're pleased to announce release 2013b of Pyzo distro, a Python
distribution for scientific computing based on Python 3. For more
information, and to give it a try, visit http://www.pyzo.org.

The most notable changes since the last release:

   - Pyzo is also build for Mac.
   - Python 3.3 is now used.
   - Added an executable to launch IPython notebook.
   - New versions of several packages, including the IDE.

More information:

Pyzo is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. The distribution is portable,
thus providing a way to install a scientific Python stack on computers
without the need for admin rights.

Naturally, Pyzo distro is complient with the scipy-stack, and comes with
additional packages such as scikit-image and scikit-learn.

With Pyzo we want to make scientific computing in Python easier accessible.
We especially hope to make it easier for newcomers (such as Matlab
converts) to join our awesome community. Pyzo uses  IEP as the default
front-end IDE, and IPython (with notebook) is also available.

Happy coding,
  Almar