[SciPy-User] Build of scipy-0.12.0b1 under python3.3.0 fails

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Mar 24 18:31:15 CDT 2013

Hi,

25.03.2013 01:07, Sergio Rojas kirjoitti:
> Thanks for replying Pauli.
>
> The output attempting to build scipy-0.12.0b1 under python3.3.0 fails
>  is at:
>
>     https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5233970

The issue seems to that something is wrong with the combination of your
Python installation and your C++ compiler:

/home/myPROG/Python330GNU/Linux64b/include/python3.3m/longintrepr.h:47:2: error:
#error "30-bit long digits requested, but the necessary types are not
available on this platform"

It's probably nothing Scipy-specific, just that your setup is not able
to compile Python extension modules using C++.

This is not a typical failure, and I don't know how to fix it. Does your
g++ compiler version match your gcc version? OTOH, I don't have better
suggestions than trying to google for the error message.

--
Pauli Virtanen