[SciPy-User] Best way to feed data to Gnuplot?

Wed Mar 27 11:45:06 CDT 2013

Hello,

I want to utilise gnuplot for my plots. I know about matplotlib, but I don't
like it (interface, appearance).

What is the best way to feed data from a numpy array to gnuplot? At the moment
I try to use it like gnuplot -e "plot '-' ...." and write the data to stdin:

1,2,3
2,6,5
10,20,30

Is there a better way? What is the best to print the numpy data in the correct
format?

There is a Gnuplot.py package, however that seems very outdated, last version
is from 2008. According to the docs it still depends on Numeric.

Thanks!

Florian