AstroPy: Activities or other News?

Les Schaffer godzilla at
Tue Mar 16 11:55:55 CST 1999

> Things have been rather quiet on the AstroPy list so I thought I'd
> send out a little news on my activities to see if it would inspire
> news from others.

i am continuing work on a Python module to read, process, and display
images from VICAR file formats (Galileo).

i am working on a module -- perhaps to be incorporated into Travi's
cephesmodule -- which calculates spherical harmonics and uses NumPy
arrays for speed. I use spherical harmonic expansions a lot for
gravitational and magnetic field characterizations.

____        Les Schaffer              ___| --->> Engineering R&D <<---
Theoretical & Applied Mechanics          |  Designspring, Inc.
Center for Radiophysics & Space Research |
Cornell Univ.  schaffer at  |  les at
AstroPy mailing list  -  astropy at