[AstroPy] minimal parfile editor

Andrew Ptak ptak at pha.jhu.edu
Wed Nov 28 14:17:32 CST 2001

<x-flowed>Hello everyone,
I wrote a fairly simple par file handling class.  It mainly just depends
on a parameter class to store the values and a CSV library (single
python file I downloaded from somewhere) to read the files.  I also
threw together a simple gui for editing paramters using wxPython.  It is
avaiable at
The only advanced parfile feature it handles is using the convention
that if the min field has values seperated by "|", then it treats that
parameter as a choice (which the gui implements as a menu).  Eventually
I'll get around to playing around with the pyraf version of par file
handling, especially if it gets seperated out.

Andy Ptak