AstroPy web page

Shashikiran Ganesh shashi at
Tue Feb 24 22:36:33 CST 2004

Maybe a good idea to have a mirror site at an open source portal such as  I already have two projects related to astronomy on
this portal : and

The first one is a collection of weblinks called "Standard Objects for
Astronomy" and the second one is a set of pages devoted to my linux based
program to control the SBIG STV autoguider.

Primarily Sarovar hosts a lot of TeX related projects - including the
PSTricks Tutorial from the Indian TeX Users Group.

I propose that we could have a site called '' with a
couple of members having access to update the site remotely.  If it seems
that the sarovar web is accessible easily worldwide, then I shall register
a new project there for AstroPy.  Please let me know,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Russell E Owen wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:16:12 -0800
> From: Russell E Owen <owen at>
> To: astropy-list at
> Subject: AstroPy web page
> OK, it's official. The AstroPy page has formally moved to
> <> (though the old
> page may yet be up for awhile) and I am maintaining it. Feel free to
> send me updates.
> Regards,
> -- Russell

2004-02-25 at 9:55am IST
Shashikiran Ganesh                  |  shashi at
Physical Research Laboratory        |
Astronomy and Astrophysics Division |
Ahmedabad 380 009, India            |