[AstroPy] Meteor Methods--Atmospheric Trajectories, PC Book on Astronmy

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Tue Nov 24 15:21:52 CST 2009

Is anyone familiar with some of the mathematical methods for calculating
atmospheric trajectories for two stations. Have they been implemented in

There's a computer book with the title something like PC Computations
for Astronomy. (Ah, Astronomy for the Personal Computer) I believe the
latest version provides methods for C++, and earlier editions for older
languages. In one of the later chapters the authors delve into what I
think is called plate reduction. (Ah, the chapter is titled Astrometry.)
The idea is that an image of the night sky is provided and a catalog is
examined to identify stars on the image. Has anyone implemented the
various algorithms used for this in Python?

                   350 350 350 350 350 350 350 350 350 350
                     Make the number famous. See 350.org
            The major event has passed, but keep the number alive.
                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>