[AstroPy] Killing Two Birds with One Stone--PyEphem and Radiant Constellation

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Mon Jan 11 20:44:01 CST 2010

In two posts above, "Module for Determining the Radiant Constellation
for a Meteor?", and "A Small Useful Astronomy Python Module", I found
what I needed in PyPphem a few hours ago.  It looks quite good for my
purposes, and the documentation (tutorial and quick reference).  It even
has city and star catalogs, and a method for determining the
constellation of a point.  I'm impressed.

The sidereal module I mentioned in on of the posts is interesting, but
there doesn't seem much support for it,  nor any user documentation.  I
contacted the school where it is found, and  they barely knew about it.
Only their computer center.

           "I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible
            a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on
            me . . they're cramming for their final exam."
                                    -- George Carlin
                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>