[AstroPy] ANN: vo.table 0.6 released
Wed Jul 21 09:28:25 CDT 2010
I have made a new release of vo.table, a library for parsing, validating
and generating VOTable XML format files.
This release adds the following features since 0.5:
Changes since 0.5
- Initial support for conesearch, simple image access and simple
spectrum access protocols. This support should be considered
experimental and subject to drastic changes in the future.
- Support for VOTable 1.2
- Improved compatibility with VOTable 1.0
- Support for Python 3.x
- All vo-specific warnings and exceptions have a number. These
warnings and exceptions are defined in the documentation.
- Warnings and error messages are more detailed.
- Only warnings indicating a violation of the specification are given
- Improved compatibility with Python 2.6
- C extension for writing XML, resulting in 2x speedup
- Generally faster
- More workarounds for invalid VOTABLE files in the wild
- Loading binary tables without an explicit 'nrows' is now fixed.
- pyfits is not required -- will only be used when necessary.
Science Software Branch
Space Telescope Science Institute
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
More information about the AstroPy