[AstroPy] A question about contour maps

Miguel de Val-Borro miguel.deval@gmail....
Mon Nov 7 09:31:02 CST 2011

Dear Jean-Baptiste,

If the data is in ASCII format you could use numpy.loadtxt to load the
data into numpy arrays and use directly the matplotlib.pyplot.contourf
function to make a contour plot.  The first example in this cookbook
shows how to make a contour plot from irregularly spaced data using the
scipy.interpolate.griddata function for interpolation onto a uniform