[AstroPy] Heliocentric Velocity Correction

David Berry d.berry@jach.hawaii....
Tue Mar 13 15:16:07 CDT 2012

Pyast (http://dsberry.github.com/starlink/pyast.html) provides a wide
range of facilities for handling spectral, celestial and time axes.
This includes heliocentric velocity correction (amongst other things)
for spectral axes. In particularly, see the "SpecFrame" class
(http://www.starlink.ac.uk/docs/sun211.htx/node680.html#SpecFrame). If
you create two SpecFrames with different properties (i.e. different
standards of rest, units, geocentic observatory positions, etc), then
the astConvert method
can be used to get the transformation between them.