[AstroPy] AstroPy Digest, Vol 81, Issue 12

Timothy Pickering te.pickering@gmail....
Fri Jun 21 08:00:39 CDT 2013

> Well, partly. What IPython doesn't provide is interactive selections on graphics and such, yet (at least entirely within the browser). For example, if I want to plot a spectrum and then select features to fit, or mark initial guesses for centers, etc, IPython doesn't do that. I do think that may be within reach in a year or two.

exactly.  which is where js comes in to handle the interactivity.  of course, it gets hairy in detail:

however, as he notes ipython 2.0 will change this up a bit while improving js support overall.

| T. E. Pickering, Ph.D.         | Southern African Large Telescope |
| SALT Astronomer                |                             SAAO |
| tim@saao.ac.za  (520) 305-9823 |                 Observatory Road |
| tim@salt.ac.za +27-71-551-8281 |   7925 Observatory, South Africa |
overflow error in /dev/null