[IPython-dev] paren completion works ok win32 too

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Jul 20 13:20:56 CDT 2004

Ville Vainio wrote:
> I'm just confirming that the paren completion patch I sent today works
> ok on windows too, so it should be committable after fixing the shlex
> part to use shlex_split.

If you have py2.2, could you please test this?  Or even hard-wire shlex_split
to be the one used in your tests?  Since I need to support py22, this is

> Windows install script should perhaps also install a "pysh" shortcut in
> the start menu that does:
> I:\opt\Python23\python.exe "C:\Program Files\IPython\IPython_shell.py"
> -p pysh

Noted.  I'll see if there's an easy way to fish out the python.exe path, I'm
sure not everybody has it in I:\opt :)

I won't get to any of this till the weekend, I'm very busy.  So feel free to
refine it and test it further.

Best, and thanks for the work,