[IPython-dev] NBShell update

Tzanko Matev tsanko at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 06:06:21 CDT 2005

Hi all,

The Notebook GUI can already be usable. Currently you can mainly use it
as a simple python shell. It lacks history, autocompletion, etc. Its
only advantage is better multiline support. You can edit all the lines
of your last input until it is complete. Also I have added a variable
__app in the namespace which allows you to play with the internals of
NBShell. The svn repository is

The instalation instructions are in the README file. I would appreciate
it if you played with it and tell me what bugs you find and what
features you would like me to add.