[IPython-dev] Build doc script patch

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Wed Jan 11 15:50:06 CST 2006

the 0.7.0 is working fine for me. But today I tried to generate the
pdf-doc for the first time. And I realized the build scripts are
hardcore unix and does not work on windows (without cygwin). This seems
unecessary since the functionality could be easily implemented in
python. I have attached a patch that implements this for windows. I have
left out the modifications necessary for unix. The patch contains three

batchfile that calls the update_manual.py script with ipython

Some instructions on how to build the manual. Since the readme files in
this directory does not contain any information on how to build the docs

python program that performs the duties of update_magic.sh and
update_version.sh if called by ipython update_manual.py.

Perhaps update_manual.py should be changed to run using just python. But
  I could not figure out how to do this. It would also be nice if the
script exits when finished, but I'm not sure how to do this either.