[IPython-dev] breaking readline

Alan Trick alantrick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 19:53:30 CST 2006

I'm trying to create a wrapper for sys.stdout. I have some code (link at
bottom) and it works fine on the standards python console, but not so
well in ipython. In ipython it breaks readline so you end up seeing a
lot of weird charachters and certain keys stop working. It works fine in
code.InteractiveConsole. Anyone know what ipython is doing to cause

n.b. I know my code has issues, like using open('/dev/stdout') and a few
other thing, but as it is it *should* work. It's mostly a proof off