[IPython-dev] pydb 1.19 released, thoughts about integration

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 05:36:58 CDT 2006

On 10/28/06, R. Bernstein <rocky at panix.com> wrote:

> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the chain-saw branch has a
> cleaner way to handle that what's in the normal branch, that would be
> helpful to know; even if for technical reasons it currently can't be
> applied there.

Both chainsaw and stable branch should share the same kind of ipapi
(IPython/ipapi.py) - and possibly also many of the hooks. Extensions
points should be implemented in ipapi and as hooks, and they stand a
reasonable chance to work on both ipython versions.

Object discovery and introspection could be there, but I'm not quite
sure, because of the "printing" nature of introspection (coloring