[IPython-dev] Different behaviour: python vs. ipython when using a C module

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Apr 3 00:44:05 CDT 2007

Hi Stefan,

On 10/16/06, Stefan Reichör <stefan@xsteve.at> wrote:
> "Fernando Perez" <fperez.net@gmail.com> writes:

> > I realize it works in pure python, so I'd be inclined to say it's an
> > ipython bug: ipython should always let you do things that are valid
> > python.  But I honestly don't know what the solution is here, nor even
> > if it's not a fluke that it works for the pure python case.
> >
> > I'll be glad to fix this one if we could understand better the
> > problem, so if anyone knows what's going on, by all means pitch in.
> I don't know anything about ther ipython internals. But the error
> message suggests, that the import functionality is not available
> for C extensions, when using ipython.

unfortunately, today I'm no closer to knowing what to do with this bug
than back in October.  But I did open a ticket on it:

so that at least we don't forget about it altogether.  If you have any
flash of insight that might help here, by all means let me know.