[IPython-dev] Nice segfault from package scanning...

Olivier Lauzanne olauzanne@gmail....
Wed Apr 25 13:31:54 CDT 2007

2007/4/25, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com>:
> On 4/25/07, Olivier Lauzanne <olauzanne@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Another possibility that I don't really like it to save the root
> modules, so
> > it would only be slow once.
> It's not really that bad. You can save your stuff e.g in
> _ip.db['rootmodules']
> If you don't know how to use the persistent ipython database _ip.db,
> see "%bookmark??"
> What to do with new modules that are added after saving the root
> modules? I suggest we put
> del _ip.db['rootmodules']
> in %rehashx, which is kinda logical place that won't introduce any new
> magic commands.
> [ipython]|80> del _ip.db['rootmodules']

shouldn't the rootmodules also be regenerated during the rehash then ?
that way there will be no blocking completion even for people with NFS, just
a long rehash.

and I don't think it's usefull to have both this and a timeout.