[IPython-dev] wxIPython 0.6 (Multithreaded and current bug list flushed)

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou@free...
Tue Dec 11 17:46:43 CST 2007

Hi there,
Here is the last version of wxIPython.

- Multithreaded: The IPython shell is instanciated inside a thread and the
wxapp communicate with thread and send line to execute to it. The class can
be reused as is with any other GUI toolkit :).
So if there is any pyQT developpers I will be happy to help them!
- Autoindent feature
- new WxPager (try smtplib.re?)
- '!' commands support

If any linux guy could test it, (mine is currently dead :() and report any
I'm concerned about locale support. Currently it works well in French...

By the way, there is some hacky things inside it especially it could be
really usefull if IPython could provide these hooks:(because currently I
completely redefines IPython libs func(!) )
IPython.iplib.raw_input = lambda x: None
IPython.genutils.IOTerm(cin=cin, cout=cout, cerr=cerr)

#we replace the ipython default pager by our pager

#we replace the ipython default shell command caller by our shell handler

#we replace the ipython default input command caller by our method

Any comments, bug reports welcomed!
Do you think (if you're ok and bugs are quite few :) ) that we could add it
to IPython Gui integration example?