[IPython-dev] [Pythonmac-SIG] readline support for OS X Leopard

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Oct 30 19:16:12 CDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
> Boyd Waters wrote:
>> On Oct 26, 2007, at 7:50 PM, emoy@apple.com wrote:
>>> It right there in my original message (and in the python man page).
>>> You have to use EditLine syntax:
>>> readline.parse_and_bind ("bind ^I rl_complete")
>> Edward's example of using EditLine syntax works for my "raw python"
>> test:
>> $ python
>>  >>> import rlcompleter
>>  >>> import readline
>>  >>> readline.parse_and_bind ("bind ^I rl_complete")
>>  >>> readline.[TAB KEY PRESSED]
>> readline.__class__
>> readline.__class__                   readline.__class__
>> readline.__delattr__
>> readline.__delattr__                 readline.__dict__
> Try typing "b".

Sorry, I misread your post. I meant that trying that with a readline module
compiled against GNU readline interferes with typing "b". So, unfortunately, you
can't just issue both commands hoping that the library will just ignore the
wrong one.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco