[IPython-dev] Changed dir stack implementation

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sat Sep 8 08:07:36 CDT 2007

The dir stack has apparently been broken for a while - it pushed the
*target* directory, not the current directory as it should (which
means it worked when you only moved around with pushd and popd, cwd
was typically not pushed).

Essentially, this will now work:
cd /foo
pushd /bar  #cd's you to /bar

popd  # will take you back to /foo

Just to be sure (in case I missed the original point), please verify
the change at

I noticed this while doing an .ipy batch file for building ipykit:

import ipy_fsops,ipy_profile_sh

icp bin/* /ipython/bin
pushd /ipython/tools
python mkrel.py > tmp.txt
mglob ipykit*.zip
z = _[0]
popd  # was supposed to put me to the starting dir, but didn't

python googlecode_upload.py -p vvtools -u vivainio -s "IPyKit binary
release" -l ipython