[IPython-dev] Help with win32 installer...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Aug 23 20:16:01 CDT 2008

we haven't received  any feedback on the 0.9beta3, and it's looking
like we probably had some breakage in the big reorganization of the
setup.py file after the ipython0/1 big merge.  Right now I don't have
a win32 machine at all, and while Brian and Min do, none of us knows
windows much at all.

Is there any chance that someone could have a crack at seeing if the
win32 installer can be made to work correctly? By correctly I mean
like the 0.8.x series, which left ipython links in the Start menu in a
submenu labelled "IPython", with a few profile shortcuts premade and
links to html/pdf versions of the docs.

We've really made great progress, so it would be really good to see a
solid 0.9 release made...

Any help will be very, very welcome.