[IPython-dev] Performance sanity check: 7.21s to scatter 5000X1000 float array to 7 engines

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil@gmail....
Thu Jan 10 16:25:11 CST 2008

Hi all,

Just trying to figure out whether something is wrong with my installation:
I'm using mpi4py with mpich, on a machine with two quad-core 3.0Ghz intel
processors. The following script takes 7.21s (wall time) with seven
IPEngines, with almost all of the time spent in the scatterAll() operation:

from numpy import *
from ipython1 import *
import ipython1.kernel.api as kernel
rc = kernel.RemoteController(('',10105))

Is this fairly typical, and if not is there anything I can do to speed up
the pushing and pulling?

Anand Patil