[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] Porting SVN history to Launchpad - help needed.

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Jun 1 14:45:55 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm leaning towards simply ditching our history for the last three
> months.  I spent a fair amount of time yesterday on it without success
> (I tried lots of things) and so have you with git.  I've just gone on
> IRC to ask on the bzr channel, I might get a bit of help there. But I
> have a bunch of 'life' related things to do today, so unless an easy
> solution materializes, I think we'll just have to move forward.

This is a reasonable solution if everything else fails. We just leave
the contents of stable-dev dangling around, and mark it as "abandoned"
- it's still available for browsing if need be.

The commit message should contain full contents of "bzr log" for
reference, though, as well as the url for the branch.