[IPython-dev] coercing to Unicode error in IPython.MultiEngineClient

Doug Jones dfj225@gmail....
Tue Jun 10 13:57:10 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I tried a simple test of the latest IPython branch and the
MultiEngineClient. When I attempted to connect to a running cluster on my
local machine, I got the following error:

 mec = client.MultiEngineClient(('localhost', 10105))
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/djones/svn/basin_remote/trunk/scripts/<ipython console> in <module>()

in get_multiengine_client(furl_or_file)
     67     """
     68     client =
---> 69         furl_or_file)
     70     return client.adapt_to_blocking_client()

in blockingCallFromThread(f, *a, **kw)
     97                 result.raiseException()
     98             except Exception, e:
---> 99                 raise e
    100         return result

TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, tuple found