[IPython-dev] Frontend-sync branch updated, and test failures

Tue Sep 2 19:34:32 CDT 2008

I have done a few tweaks in the frontend branch (mainly to be able to pass
in a namespace and not have it duplicated, but kept as a reference). It
would be nice if it where merged before the release. The changes are

On the other hand, I get a score of test failures with latest bzr. A
bunch of them are due to the fact that I don't have foolscap install. I
thing they should simply be skipped when foolscap is not there. Another
bunch of them look like:

ERROR: Doctest: IPython.strdispatch.StrDispatch
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 356, in runTest
line 643, in run
"/home/gvaroquaux/dev/ipython/ipython-frontend/IPython/genutils.py", line
874, in f
    out = func(*a,**k)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/doctest.py", line 1361, in run
    return self.__run(test, compileflags, out)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/doctest.py", line 1244, in __run
    if check(example.want, got, self.optionflags):
line 285, in check_output
TypeError: unbound method check_output() must be called with
OutputChecker instance as first argument (got IPDoctestOutputChecker
instance instead)

I am having a hard time distinguish signal from noise in my test result.