[IPython-dev] Before a patch for LSF support

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Mon Aug 10 12:09:18 CDT 2009

> I hope so! I don't think LSF requires to launch MPI_Init, but first, I
> have to get access to the log files (I don't understand why they were
> not copied, whereas the job was submitted).

What log files are you referring to?  The IPython log files?  For the
engine?  The Controller?  Where do they need to be copied?  Could you

> >> Also, I've tried to extract the job id (it seems it is needed), but
> >> the BatchEngineSet.parse_job_id extracts everything that is matched by
> >> the regexp describing a job (it uses group()). I had to put "Job
> >> <(\d+)>" as a regexp, so group() returns, for instance, "Job <1234>"
> >> instead of "1234". I may submit a patch to get group(1) and modify the
> >> PBS regexp accordingly.
> >
> > Yes, you will *very* likely have to modify the various regexps.
> Is it needed to have the exact job ID ? Perhaps to kill the job?

Yes, you definitely need the exact job ID to kill the job.