[IPython-dev] Status of IPython+GUI+Threads+PyOS_InputHook

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Feb 8 06:05:41 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> Finally, the trickiest part was running subprocesses. The reason being
> that I needed both synchronous prints, and key-event processing. The

In qt, dealing with processes is luckily very simple; you can just use QProcess.

It allows you to just react to the following signals:

void readyReadStandardError ()
void readyReadStandardOutput ()

"QProcess allows you to treat a process as a sequential I/O device.
You can write to and read from the process just as you would access a
network connection using QTcpSocket. You can then write to the
process's standard input by calling write(), and read the standard
output by calling read(), readLine(), and getChar()."

Ville M. Vainio