[IPython-dev] Status of IPython+GUI+Threads+PyOS_InputHook

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Feb 8 07:01:06 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> I saw that. We just need to validate that it runs robustly on all
> platforms. I had problems with killing subprocesses under Windows. As a
> result I had zombies that users could not see or kill. Coming from Qt it
> may very well be coded robustly, though.

Yeah, I sort of trust the Qt guys on this as well. However, even if it
sucked badly, we still have the PID and get rid of the process on our

Ville M. Vainio