[IPython-dev] Interactive wx/pylab with no threads (PyOS_InputHook)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Feb 9 03:44:09 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> that user base.  We can look into perhaps refactoring 'ipython
> -wthread' into some ghetto where it doesn't "pollute" the rest of the
> code quite so much, and I'm totally open to that.  But I think *right
> now* dropping Wx would be a mistake.

Actually, it's not all that bad. The 'ghetto' is already the
MTInteractiveShell, and it's easy to avoid that by just using standard
InteractiveShell in a single-threaded fashion. And since Brian already
implemented the PyOS_InputHook for wx, it's just a matter of putting
it under extensive testing.

Note that now that wx can also supports this, you can throw in twisted
wxreactor and it should work out of the box.

Ville M. Vainio