[IPython-dev] how to contribute to ipython

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 1 16:16:04 CDT 2009

I did see your patch when you posted it.  Most of us have been on an IPython
vacation for a variety of reasons.  But, this week, we are getting back to
things.  Sorry about the silence.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the way to send patches to ipython? I read this:
> http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Developer_Zone/Developer_Guidelines

This is quite outdated.  A more recent description is:

But, this is a little out of date compared to how it really happens these

Here is the bottom line on how to contribute to IPython:

1.  Post a bzr branch on launchpad with your changes.
2.  Request a merge/review into trunk launchpad.  This will trigger the
review process and get the code into trunk.